This course focuses on the behaviour and rules for the conversation of Front-desk executives and telephone etiquettes. In order to familiarize these matters, this training course has been offered by DBI.
- How to welcome clients in the right way,
- Making the first impression by presenting the right image,
- Right level of politeness to the visitor,
- Being a guide to the visitor, Beware of language and body language,
- Dealing with difficult people; Developing listening skills;
- Useful languages for the conversations at the front-desk;
- Basic rules for telephone conversation: making and receiving calls;
- Tips to make telephone conversations effective;
- Use of particular phrases considering the situation;
- Learning to read speaker's Body language, Feelings, Unspoken words;
- How to handle queries in telephone conversations that you are not prepared for;
- Dealing with problems: learn useful phrases to describe problems,
- warning and apologizing; Test of learning through group presentation.
Highly qualified, professionally trained, reputed and experienced resource persons in the related areas, having ample theoretical and practical knowledge with current information, are invited to conduct the training courses/workshops.
The intending participants may collect Registration Form from DCCI Business Institute (DBI) or download copy from www.dcci-dbi.edu.bd . Participants belonging to the target group will be registered on payment of requisite fees by Pay Order (PO)/ Demand Draft (DD) or in Cash in favour of Dhaka Chamber of Commerce & Industry or pay with cost of payment through bKash, Wallet number 01766018659 (Payment process: dial *247# and select option 3.Payment & write 1 in counter no.).
: 10% for (one option applicable): (i) DCCI Members; (ii) Women participants; (iii) Students (pursuing his/her undergraduation & post graduation); (iv) Three (3) or more participants from one organization for same course; (v) Early bird pakage (payment 5 days before registration deadline); and 15% corporate discount for 10 (ten) or more participants from the same organization to one programme.