Financial analysis is about shaping the future. It provides the tools management needs to make sophisticated judgments about complex and challenging business issues. A fundamental understanding of financial analysis is an essential prerequisite to making sound strategic decisions. Financial Analysis helps you understand what the numbers are saying and use that understanding to making right decision and improve the performance of your business at every level. Considering the crucial role of Financial Analysis, the workshop has been offered by DBI.
- Introduction: Finance, financial management and financial analysis,
- Major financial decisions taken in business; investment decisions, financing decision and dividend decision.
- Statements of financial information: Financial statements, balance sheet, profit and loss account, cash flow statement, statement of owners’ equity.
- Financial analysis: Framework for analysis, tools of financial analysis-ratio analysis, common size financial statements, trend analysis and index.
- Financial ratio analysis: Introduction and nature of ratio analysis, liquidity ratios, leverage ratios, activity ratios, profitability ratios, comparative statement analysis, financial ratios as predictors of failure.
- Practical problem and discussion of real life decision making issues.
- Time value of money: Concept and its usefulness in making financing and investment decisions, simple interest, compound interest, present value and terminal value, compounding more than once a year.
- Discussion of real life decision making issues.
- Working capital: planning, management and financing: Concepts, determinants of working capital, danger of having too much or too little working capital, operating cycle and its impact;
- Cash management-motive for holding cash, speeding-up cash receipts, slowing down cash payments, working capital financing- short-term and long-term mix-maturity matching approach, practical application. Discussion on factors of real life decision making.
- Investment appraisal/Capital budgeting: Nature of investment decisions, techniques of capital budgeting and surrounding issues, acceptance criteria, practical application.
- Dividend policy: Dividend policy, optimum dividend policy, factors influencing dividend policy, types of dividend policy and its consequences. Decision making related discussion.
- Financial and financial control: Financing planning, profit planning, essentials of profit planning, financial/ budgetary control- judging performance and setting responsibility centres, break-even analysis, operating breakeven analysis, financial breakeven analysis, financial leverage.
- Financial risks and management of financial risks: Overview of financial risk, types of financial risks and their management, financial risk management process, transaction risk management (internal methods, external methods) Question answer session and discussion on real life issues.
Highly qualified, professionally trained, reputed and experienced resource persons in the related areas, having ample theoretical and practical knowledge with current information, are invited to conduct the training courses/workshops.
The intending participants may collect Registration Form from DCCI Business Institute (DBI) or download copy from www.dcci-dbi.edu.bd . Participants belonging to the target group will be registered on payment of requisite fees by Pay Order (PO)/ Demand Draft (DD) or in Cash in favour of Dhaka Chamber of Commerce & Industry or pay with cost of payment through bKash, Wallet number 01766018659 (Payment process: dial *247# and select option 3.Payment & write 1 in counter no.).
10% for DCCI Members.Women Participants, Graduate Students, 3 or more participants from one organization for same course and Early Bird Package (at least 5 days before deadline).