Financial analysis is about shaping the future. It provides the tools for management to take sustainable decision on complex and challenging business issues. A fundamental understanding on financial analysis is an essential prerequisite in making solid strategic decisions. Financial Analysis helps Managers to understand the story behind the numbers and apply that understanding in taking best-fitted decision and improve the performance of the business at every level. Considering the crucial role of Managers in decision-making exercise, this workshop has been designed and offered by DBI.
- Introduction: Finance, financial management and financial analysis,
- major financial decisions taken in business; investment decisions,
- financing decision. Statements of financial information:
- Clear understanding on different parts of Financial statements i.e. balance sheet,
- Income Statement, cash flow statement, statement of changes in equity.
- Financial ratio analysis: Importance and nature of ratio analysis, liquidity ratios,
- leverage ratios, activity ratios, profitability ratios, comparative statement analysis.
- Differential accounting for Decision making: Make or buy,
- continue or shutdown of business operation, sell or further process etc.
- Time value of money: Concept and its usefulness in making financing and investment decisions,
- Net present value, internal rate of return, discounted cash flow, pack back.
- Working capital management: Concepts, determinants of working capital,
- danger of having too much or too little working capital, operating cycle and its impact;
- cash management, speeding-up cash receipts, slowing down cash payments,
- working capital financing- short-term and long-term mix-maturity matching approach, practical application.
- Investment appraisal/Capital budgeting: Nature of investment decisions,
- techniques of capital budgeting and surrounding issues, estimating the share and Company’s value.
- Financial control: Financing planning, profit planning, essentials of profit planning,
- financial/ budgetary control- judging performance and setting responsibility centres,
- break-even analysis, operating breakeven analysis, financial breakeven analysis,
- financial leverage, Cost-volume profit (CVP) analysis.
- Question answer session and discussion on real life issues.
Highly qualified, professionally trained, reputed and experienced resource persons in the related areas, having ample theoretical and practical knowledge with current information, are invited to conduct the training courses/workshops.
The intending participants may collect Registration Form from DCCI Business Institute (DBI) or download copy from www.dcci-dbi.edu.bd . Participants belonging to the target group will be registered on payment of requisite fees by Pay Order (PO)/ Demand Draft (DD) or in Cash in favour of Dhaka Chamber of Commerce & Industry or pay with cost of payment through bKash, Wallet number 01766018659 (Payment process: dial *247# and select option 3.Payment & write 1 in counter no.).
: 10% for (one option applicable): (i) DCCI Members; (ii) Women participants; (iii) Students (pursuing his/her undergraduation & post graduation); (iv) Three (3) or more participants from one organization for same course; (v) Early bird package (payment 5 days before registration deadline); and 15% corporate discount for 10 (ten) or more participants from the same organization to one programme.